About this tool:
Domain Age Checker - Lookup the Domain's Age
Domain Age Checker instantly finds the age of any domain by querying its WHOIS details and comparing its registration date with its current date.
What is Domain Age?
Domain age refers to the difference between the first registration date of a domain and its current date. It refers to the amount of time for which the domain name has existed. In simple terms, it is how old a domain is.
Why checking the Domain Age is essential?
With time, the domain age factor is getting critical day by day. There are several reasons for which domain age checking is essential, which are listed below.
- Over time, the domain age has become an essential factor in ranking pages in search engine results. Because the older a domain gets, the more trust and authority it achieves in the search engine perspective.
- There is a high chance that an aged domain has a high backlink profile because that domain has existed for an extended period. The domain owner might put effort into getting some quality backlinks. Having a solid backlink profile always helps in getting better ranks in Google.
- With a strong backlink profile, you get an idea of how well a domain performs in search engine ranking. SEO experts believe that domain age is one of Google's ranking factors. If a domain has a better search engine ranking, it will save a lot of time, money, and effort that, in other terms, will be consumed to rank a newly existed domain.
- With the domain's search engine ranking and backlink profile, you get an idea of how much traffic you can expect for that domain. The other factors like publishing quality content also matter. But if you combine them both, it will boost your ranking.
- Sometimes, the domain age gives you an idea about the reputation of that domain. This factor might be beneficial when you buy an existing domain. Investing money, time, and effort on a new domain and start from scratch to build a good reputation. It's better to go for long-existing domain names with an already established positive reputation within their market segment. But that doesn't mean that an aged domain always has a good reputation. Sometimes, the domain owner used the black hat SEO techniques to gain some search engine advantages. With that, the domain might have a bad reputation among the users. That leads to the blocking of the domain's IP address. Therefore, it's better to check either your domain exists in the IP blacklist databases or not. But before buying an existing domain, do a more in-depth analysis, like go domain NS Lookup, Alexa traffic rank checker. Perform its link analysis, and check its broken links. Also, check the website OS and its hosting provider before going for a final decision for purchasing an existing domain.
How to use the Domain Age Checker Tool?
Using that tool is quite simple.
- Open the Domain Age Checker tool.
- Enter a domain name, and click on the "Check Now" button.
- The tool performs the domain WHOIS and provides you the domain's registered date and its age.
- Primarily the Domain Age Checker tools provide you the age in years. But our tool gives you the domain age in a year(s), months, days, hours, and minutes.