About this tool:
The Date Duration Calculator is an online tool that calculates the duration between two dates. The tool calculates the days between the dates and provides you the results.
Why are Dates important in our lives?
No one can deny the importance of dates in their lives. Some important dates that each one remembers are their date of birth, their graduation date, the date of their marriage, the children's date of birth, etc.
So, the date is not just a number. It's a way to remember a particular time or an event in your life. That time or event may be pleasant for you or not.
- Dates record a particular event because our history is recorded chronologically. Therefore, the dates help us to compare one event with another. We can even check whether that one event happened before another event and examine the relationship between those two events.
- Historians may disagree with the start and the end date of the period, but the dates marked the periods in history. The people who lived in that period had no idea that the historians in the future will remember them as people living in that specific period. For example, the people living in Europe in 1922 lived in the "interwar years" because, at that time, there was no clue that there would be World War II in the future.
- Dates are essential for the cultural identity of a group of people. For example, for Americans, September 11, 2001, the date when they got attacked by terrorists, and they remember the sacrifices of their people on that date. Similarly, July 4 is an important date in United States history, as it is considered the country's founding date.
- With dates, we can see history as a chain of cause and effect. Some minor events led to dramatic and significant changes that shook the entire world. So, dates help us analyze when an event happened in the past and its expected consequences.
How to use a date duration calculator to calculate the duration between two dates?
To use a date duration calculator, perform the following steps.
- Open the Date Duration Calculator.
- Select the "From Date" and "To Date" from the calendar, and click on the "Calculate Date" button.
- The tool calculates the span between two selected dates and provides you the results in the form of year, month, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds, and milliseconds that exist between two selected dates.